Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ill be sitting there at idle (never while driving) it dosent happen all the time and it will just die as if I turned it off. It fires right back up. any advice of what to look at would be great Thanks 314000 miles and counting I do have a TS tuner but its never given me problems snce ive had for the last 3 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure its the TS 6 positon Tuner so I guess a (Tuner) Good question. No Idea if thats a chip or tuner. It plugs into my PCM at kick plate.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Wow, almost $100 for a feature that you could incorporate with some simple wiring, and/or a relay. Still not recommended, unless you find some magic bulbs that run a LOT cooler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alright, I have a 1997 7.3 Powerstroke. I've been having this problem for a couple months. It keeps getting worse. At idle my truck will idle weird. It also has a rough shakey idle that almost sounds like a misfire. It'll go from 700rpms to about 500rpms. If I hold the throttle down, it'll begin to stall but start itself back up. I got it scanned, and there were no codes being sent, none of my injectors are bad, and I just replaced the CPS(CMS). I'm not sure what it could be. I was thinking an ICP or IPR. Please help, any ideas on what you think it could be.
Tomorrow, I plan on taking the valve covers off depending on the weather to see if the UVCH connections are bad.
Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Tranny is.... ZF-5? And if so might be you stock dual mass flywheel failing. Pull off inspection plate and if you can move the dual flywheel 3/4" it's on the way out.

jrc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts