Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 F250 psd with 132000 OM.
I put a Banks Chip in and wow the 100HP extra was notable out the gate.
Here's my dilemma....
My truck runs perfect. No problems.
I put in the backs 100hp tuner chip.
Man the extra was awesome.
Then I pull up to a stop sign and the truck does. Starts rite back up. Drive awhile, pull up to a stop signal, and it dies.
I'm thinking it's the cam sense. I go pick up one and then it dawn's on me...this started after I put in the chip.
I remove the chip. I drive from California to Oregon, Oregon to San Diego Calif, from San Diego Cal to Concord NH, all pulling a 5th wheel.
No errors or problems. Not one time did it shut off at a stop sign. Runs Perfect.

Why does the chip cause it to shut off at a stop, like a symptom of a bad cam sense. I still have the new cam sense in the box in case....

Thanks

· Registered
7,123 Posts
The chip has a corrupt program on it, time to get another chip.

By the way, all a chip can give a stock engine is around 40 more HP no matter how much the chip says. The limiting factor is the stock injectors, they won't flow anymore fuel than that extra 40 hp worth.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chip has a corrupt program on it, time to get another chip.

By the way, all a chip can give a stock engine is around 40 more HP no matter how much the chip says. The limiting factor is the stock injectors, they won't flow anymore fuel than that extra 40 hp worth.
Well I sure noticed that extra 40 lol. Bummer man these things aren't a dime a dozen. Thanks for the quick reply

· Premium Member
1995 Ford F-350 7.3 PSD
302 Posts
I had the same thing happen with my tuner ( a hydra from PHP), the truck would work well on the 40hp or the 60hp tunes but as soon as I went to 80hp it would stall after a pull. ( my truck is stock btw) then after having the tuner for about 4-5 months it just started killing the motor randomly so I pulled it out

Reactions: john5five
1 - 5 of 5 Posts