Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the story. I bought a 95 F350 4wd 5spd 185K. Ran great when I bought it. Cab had been smashed so I pulled all the body off the truck. The motor/chasis sat for the last 5 to 6 months. Recently got around to getting the new cab on and getting it all back together. Only mods are exhaust and budget big air filter. Now it will start but runs really rough and for some reason the oil pressure guage in the dash will not work.

I have changed the oil, filled tank with fresh fuel, and changed fuel filter.

I cleared old codes, ran my scan tool on it and heres what it brought up.
P1280 ICP CKT out of range low
P0475 Exh. pres ctrl. valve fault
Buzz test showed cylinders 1,4,6,and 8 high to low side open.
P0195 Eng. Oil Temp Snsr Fault
P1284 Fault Aborts KOER/CCT Test

I've checked and unplugged the ICP and nothing changes. Also replaced oil pressure sensor and guage still doesn't move. I'm pretty new to the diesel thing and I don't really know where to start. Need some advice from someone a lot smarter than me. Any help would be VERY greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small update incase anyone is following. Stuck a mechanical oil pressure guage in the outlet on top of the hpop resevoir. 20lbs cranking and 40 or so at idle. Big relief. Now i guess its a process of elimination on the rough idle. Once again I would appreciate any tips or advice.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
hmmm well Im not that smart but I wanna make a guess that the 1, 4, 7, and 8 that failed the buzz test may have been caused by a faulty UVCH- under valve cover harness.

have you tried swapping IDMs?

I am subscribing to this thread also since my truck has already been sitting for about a month so I wanna find out as much info as I can on what to expect when I go to fire it back up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to check the uvc harness today. After some research that is my best guess as well. As far as the idm I guess its possible but wouldn't it be throwing a code? It would be great if a tech would chime in.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
It will not run the CCT because of the oil temp issue. Not getting a proper oil temp reading is an issue that needs to be addressed as the computer needs that input. I am thinking that is a wiring issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just took the fuel bowl and fpr off to check and clean. A little dirty but not as bad as I expected. Some of the fuel lines don't look to great, going to replace them. The problem is I cannot find that screen that I am supposed to clean I believe it is missing unless I am overlooking something.

It will not run the CCT because of the oil temp issue. Not getting a proper oil temp reading is an issue that needs to be addressed as the computer needs that input. I am thinking that is a wiring issue.
Today 11:01 AM
I have been wondering about my wiring due to the fact that I just had the truck all apart. I am thinking maybe a ground or something since a few different things aren't working. Does anyone know where I could access a good wiring diagram for these trucks??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it rained off and on all day today so not much got accomplished. Pulled the fuel bowl and reg. this morning. Cleaned and inspected. Looks like someone along the line lost the small screen because it was nowhere to be found. Started to pull the ipr while I had easy access but the rain started pouring down before I could get it all the way off. Tomorrow I am going to put it all back together, clear old cel codes, and go from there. Also the ipr plug looked bad. Very dirty and insulation was deteriorating. Going to try and find a pigtail for it. Replacing some of the short fuel lines as well.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
thanks for the info Tom, I just guessed......plus I know I will prolly run into these issues when I go to put my truck back on the road.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is what it looked like when I took it apart. I am assuming there should be a screen in front of the white plastic piece?

This is definitely a noob question but can anyone explain to me how any fuel is supposed to pass through the tiny hole in this piece?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I did a little searching and evidently 95s dont have the screen, never took mine off to verify though.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Well it rained off and on all day today so not much got accomplished. Pulled the fuel bowl and reg. this morning. Cleaned and inspected. Looks like someone along the line lost the small screen because it was nowhere to be found. Started to pull the ipr while I had easy access but the rain started pouring down before I could get it all the way off. Tomorrow I am going to put it all back together, clear old cel codes, and go from there. Also the ipr plug looked bad. Very dirty and insulation was deteriorating. Going to try and find a pigtail for it. Replacing some of the short fuel lines as well.
The part number for the pigtail should be in the library section. I also think a lot of GM cars use that same pictail for the AC pressure sensor if you do the junkyard thing. If that harness is fubar it causes all sorts of issues as they all share the same 5v signal.

Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just called my local IH dealer and they have to pigtail in stock, $21. Picking it up tomorrow. Also going to clean my ipr up today just for fun. Put it all back together tomorrow. We'll see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well some other stuff came up and I haven't been able to work on the truck for a while. Got back into it yesterday. Put the fuel bowl back on, ended up putting a new ipr sensor on it along with the new pigtail. Runs exactly the same. Cleared all the codes and ran it again. Still says my icp circuit it out of range and the 1,4,6,and 8 injectors fail the buzz test. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? What would cause the injectors to do this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally figured out the problem! Did a resistance check on the injector harness at the idm. Found a loose connection on one of the main plug connectors. Tightened it up and all my problems went away. It was my own stupid mistake but I am just pumped that its fixed!

·
Registered
69 Posts
that small plug with the orifice in it is there to de-aerate the fuel system.There is supposed to be a screen on the front to prevent the orifices from becoming clogged.I had to order a new one from ford and it cost me around 40 bucks for that little sucker,it is important though.Id do some research on it if i was you,i had to clean mine every few months as there was alway gunk on it.Eventually the screen came off from all the cleanings,which is what prolly happened to yours. look it up(fpr screen)>>>>>brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forgot to add that will I was doing some cleaning I found the little screen in the valley. Cleaned it up and put it back in. Truck runs like a top.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts