Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I know these posts have been made before, I’ve read them all as far as I can tell. Most of them more than once. My 1995 7.3 developed an issue about a year ago of missing and then stalling after it gets warm. After that it will crank all day with no luck. If I wait anywhere from 10-45 minutes it will fire back up and I’ve got a couple more minutes before it stalls again. I replaced the CPS, ICP, IPR, and all 8 injectors. At this point all can think of is the HPOP itself. I’ve also been told to pull the tank and look into the fuel pickup, but it’s doing this on both tanks. Does anyone have any other suggestions to look into? Much appreciated gentlemen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pulled both VCs and ran truck for probably 30-45 minutes to allow the EOT to reach temps. Even covered the radiator at one point to try and increase the coolant temp in an attempt to increase EOT. Ambient temp was in the low 90s. Truck never showed any sign on a stumble, idled beautifully (although she’s never given too much trouble at idle. My issue resides almost exclusively once its been driven under load for anywhere from 3-30 minutes.) All 8 injectors seem to have been installed correctly with all oil deflectors spitting equal and adequate amounts of oil at idle and during high idle; as well as no signs of leaky o-rings). After shutdown HPOP level is still adequate, as well as fuel bowl totally full. Tomorrow I will throw my multimeter into valve covers and the UVCH to test resistance as well as a visual inspection. After idling the engine up to operating temp, I will retest the resistance and see if there’s much of a change. I think I will also clean the FPR screen (hasn’t been inspected since purchase - 185k on the clock). Oil will be changed, isn’t old by any means, but I’ve got a full bucket of T4 as well a Motorcraft filter (currently has an AM filter). Will also pull the front tank (only one I use - rear tank’s condition is unknown) and inspect the shower head, blow air through lines, then fill tank to at least 1/2 and see if there is any improvement. If not, will spend the next day monitoring pressures; throw a fuel pressure gauge onto the fuel bowl and go for a drive, as well as deadhead the HPOP to get some readings on both these systems.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Have you got an adapter and FORScan? It is really helpful to be able to see the live data from the PCM. If you're interested I'll post my standard blurb.

Cj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts