Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so Im at college and my dad has been driving my truck around, its a 95 PSD and he said it cranked slow so he put the battery charger on it and then tried to fire it up. The only thing it does is click. He said that he thinks its one of the solenoids, he tried to jump across the solenoid but it wouldn't start. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, last night swapped the solenoids and no difference. Guess its time to put a starter on it.

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
Before you put a starter on it check the cables. I bought a starter a few years ago in haste only to figure out that my positive cable was corroded, and I had a bad ground! The cables are a common problem on these trucks and have tricked many. My "bad" starter is still in my garage as a spare since it wasn't really bad.

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
also after you replace the starter be sure you have good strong batteries, if you dont it may sound like it is trying to start but wont, i found out the hard way that all I needed was batteries starts great now just a little piece of info that might be of some help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts