Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 f250 7.3 2wd auto
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, recently I posted about my crank no start issue. Today it wasn’t terribly hot out and I figured I’d go mess around alittle cause I’m going crazy without my truck.

i was noticing a while back when truck was running that occasionally the hpop res was low, so of course I’d fill it to its spec.
Today I opened it up and of course the trucks been sitting since 10/1 so it was pretty low (bout an 1.5-2” visible on 1/4” extension I used) so I filled it up, plugged my scanner in on and my Icp pressure went from 200 to 6-700 and the truck started to puff some white finally so I tried it about 3 or 4 more times and lost the pressure reading and white smoke. Went back under the hood and the res was down to that low mark again on my 1/4” extension. I ended up pulling the hpop and reservoir tank off and the gaskets seemed ok. The hpop mounting gasket could be questionable but not 100% sure. I haven’t re installed anything yet just wondering as to why it would empty after cranking? Im going nuts over this damn no start and I thought I almost had it today. Atleast I got a glimmer of chance when it was full. Really need some input on this cause the googlenetweb is just killing me with reading material I really don’t need haha. Thanks in advance and hopefully SOMEONE has had this issue.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
You'll need to check that the IPR has 12v going to it with the key ON, engine OFF (KOEO). If there is not power to the IPR, it will just dump oil back to the sump. Also note that repeatedly refilling the HPOP Reservoir will end up overfilling the crankcase (so keep tabs on your overall crankcase oil level). Cheers!

·
Registered
95 f250 7.3 2wd auto
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll need to check that the IPR has 12v going to it with the key ON, engine OFF (KOEO). If there is not power to the IPR, it will just dump oil back to the sump. Also note that repeatedly refilling the HPOP Reservoir will end up overfilling the crankcase (so keep tabs on your overall crankcase oil level). Cheers!
Patrick, what pins should I probe for that or how exactly should I test it? I was getting I believe 52-54% when gathering live data while cranking if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
That's basically max command for the IPR duty cycle. I'll assume you getting voltage if you're able get that data and not a P1283. Are there any DTCs present? What's the ICP pressure reading during cranking? Cheers!

·
Registered
95 f250 7.3 2wd auto
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's basically max command for the IPR duty cycle. I'll assume you getting voltage if you're able get that data and not a P1283. Are there any DTCs present? What's the ICP pressure reading during cranking? Cheers!
The first time I scanned it a couple weekends back I was getting these..
DTC report
Selected brand: Ford

============1==============
P0344
Raw code: 0344
ECU: 10
OBDII: Camshaft position (CMP) sensor A, bank 1 - circuit intermittent
Ford: Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent Edge Products 1080 S. Depot Dr. Ogden, UT 84404 888-360-3343 www.edgeproducts.com Ford DTC Codes 6

============2==============
P0500
Raw code: 0500
OBDII: Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) - circuit malfunction
Ford: Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction; VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR "A"

============3==============
P1280
Raw code: 1280
OBDII: Injection Control Pressure Out Of Range Low
Ford: Injection Control Pressure Out Of Range Low

the same day I had also run a buzz test on FORScan app, all 8 buzzed but through that app I got an IDM dtc.. had the IDM out today no water sloshing or anything. Removed ts6 chip as well. However I scanned my dtcs again and no IDM code was present, nor were any of the ones I posted above. Just a p1111 system pass. My readings changed today to higher Icp pressure values when I filled the res and by the 3rd cranking cycle it was in 6-700psi range but then decreased and that’s when I checked res and it was about empty again which brought the levels down into the 300ish psi range.

·
Registered
95 f250 7.3 2wd auto
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first time I scanned it a couple weekends back I was getting these..
DTC report
Selected brand: Ford

============1==============
P0344
Raw code: 0344
OBDII: Camshaft position (CMP) sensor A, bank 1 - circuit intermittent
Ford: Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent Edge Products 1080 S. Depot Dr. Ogden, UT 84404 888-360-3343 www.edgeproducts.com Ford DTC Codes 6

============2==============
P0500
Raw code: 0500
OBDII: Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) - circuit malfunction
Ford: Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction; VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR "A"

============3==============
P1280
Raw code: 1280
OBDII: Injection Control Pressure Out Of Range Low
Ford: Injection Control Pressure Out Of Range Low

the same day I had also run a buzz test on FORScan app, all 8 buzzed but through that app I got an IDM dtc.. had the IDM out today no water sloshing or anything. Removed ts6 chip as well. However I scanned my dtcs again and no IDM code was present, nor were any of the ones I posted above. Just a p1111 system pass. My readings changed today to higher Icp pressure values when I filled the res and by the 3rd cranking cycle it was in 6-700psi range but then decreased and that’s when I checked res and it was about empty again which brought the levels down into the 300ish psi range.
I am also getting the ole 200rpm on the tach concerning the CPS. It’s roughly a year or so old now and the darker blue with purple oring sensor was what I used.. I understand as of this evening reading elsewhere that tach movement does not necessarily mean the cps is good or bad though? Is this true?

·
Registered
95 f250 7.3 2wd auto
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it still worth it to leave the reservoir tank off and pump out or can I reinstall everything today? I’d rather not leave it open if I don’t have to of course.

·
Registered
95 f250 7.3 2wd auto
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you resolve the issue?
well I resolved (I believe) the draining issue with the reservoir. At first I removed that as well as the hpop and resealed everything. Again. This time around, I replaced the LPOP at the same time so when I got everything back together the res hasn’t drained back since and I now build pressure. Unfortunately I’m back to the fuel system. AGAIN.hahaha tomorrow she gets another new fuel pump as I believe the second stage failed on this one. Hopefully she’ll stay running for me. I was able to get her going the other night after disassembling the GP and the smallest shot of ether. I mean hardly hit the nozzle, waited for it to dissipate a few seconds and then cranked it. She ran for about 12-15 min before chugging to a stall. Lots of new parts the pst two weeks so I’m just praying she runs for me after I swap this pump tomorrow. We’ll see I guess.

Reactions: WoodyU
1 - 9 of 9 Posts