1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
8,302 Posts
I believe oil temp.

·
Native Texan
9,090 Posts
Well im not sure since my 95 doesnt have it. Possably for an aftermarker gauge.

Sent from my Super awesome outdated Samsung that doesn't burst into flames using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
The one on the left is for the coolant overheating light. The one on the right is for the coolant temperature gauge

Reactions: mud.princess

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I'd just pick it up at NAPA. Just make sure that the one you get is for a light and not the gauge.

Reactions: mud.princess

·
Administrator
8,302 Posts
Damn. I was less right.

(I'm not ever wrong, just less right)

At least I got the temperature sender right. Just the incorrect fluid. Truthfully that is the first time I've seen one.

Reactions: Bugman

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't find any online, would it be called anything other than the coolant overheating light?

(Not these, correct?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I found what I think it is on NAPA's web site by cross referencing the Ford part number but I gagged some when I saw the price.

Here it is

The Ford part number for it is F4TZ-10884-B but Ford shows it as a discontinued part. You could try that number at a dealer and see what they come up with and see what their price is.

I think that if it was me with what it cost I just might plug the hole or not worry about it. All it is for is the light on the dash that tells you that the engine is overheating so if you watch your temperature gauge you would be alright.

·
Project Shamu
2,969 Posts
When I had my motor rebuilt, they didn't give me that sensor back, and I fought trying to even find out what it was. After I followed the wiring harness I realized it was the temp sensor, but no part stores could find it, they would only come up with the one for the gauge.

I just put a plug in the hole and taped the plug up, no lights on the dash, no harm no foul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
It's nice to have since you will usually notice a light coming on before you notice the gauge pegging.

On all of my off road vehicles I would set them up with both the gauge and a light along with a low oil pressure shut down circuit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts