Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1621 - 1634 of 1634 Posts

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,622
So spent new years day working on my trans and now really want to use a pack of tanerite on this transmission to feel better. So going thru the various components i am realizing so many tuings have been changed since the first time i rebuilt this thing that nothing seems to be right so i am gonna pull everything back apart and treat this transmission as I just pulled it have never seen the inside of it before and go thru everything meticulously redo the pump redo the valve bodies. Except for maybe the accumulator body as it is a dieselsite one and i have been working with them to make sure its not the accumulator that was causing my harsh shifts. We verified that it is the newest version that was designed to hard shift problems they had with earlier versions. Or maybe it was the fact that at some point this thrust washer got left out and tossed in with my used parts box.

So atleast 2 or more in carnations of this transmission have been missing this washer.

SO I got it to the point i was ready to put the center support back in but i believe i just need to either blow it up with explosives or stop get a few more parts and go at it fresh and treat it like its the first time i have ever been inside it and donthe things i would do to one if it was the first time

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,624
So since i am starting over i am gonna fix one issue i was not happy about when i did the first rebuild. I had a damaged thrust washer in the low reverse and in finding parts i could not get the low reverse planatary for the newer stamped drum. So had to get the parts for the cast drum cause i could get the 6 pinion steel planatary for it. Well that is the older design and could strip out under the right conditions. So I have found a planatary locally at a trans shop i am gonna talk to them tomorrow and see if they might be interested in a trade. My older parts which would be fine in a gas trans for thier planatary. I would still have to get new clutchs, thrust washers and new roller clutch.

So mo moneyout the window but maybe it will be the last time.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,625
Well got the last of the parts for my transmission rebuild so that will be starting in next couple days tonight is shoping and getting ready for winter storm tomorrow

·
8,047 Posts
hey, it's that Mikey feller..

is it true what they said that you were in jail for abusing you truck?

·
PSN intsigator
6,263 Posts
Hope you get her all built during your storm. And nice SHIFT KIT

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,628
hey, it's that Mikey feller..

is it true what they said that you were in jail for abusing you truck?
Nope for plot to commit murder in new jersey but they stopped me 1 mile from the guys house

·
PSN intsigator
6,263 Posts
Nope for plot to commit murder in new jersey but they stopped me 1 mile from the guys house

, to bad you didn't make there

·
don't play well w others
3,740 Posts
He had to stop at my house for dinner. I'll send him on his way in the morning Doc

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,631
So started the offical rebuild today i am following a video series if found online. Its 17 parts and Iam gonna go thru this step by step till the transmission is together.
E4OD Rebuild - YouTube
So finished video 10 of 16 tonight. I am using Steel six pinon planatary gears in place of the weaker aluminium ones that came in the transmission. Of course i order the parts to allow me to go back to the steel low/reverse drum which came in the late e40ds and 4r100s.

This is the low/reverse drum and reverse clutch pack and presure tested it before moving on. So following the video step by step it is geared for someone doing it at home with out all the special tools u need by showing u ways to make the tools or other ways to get by. So followed it to the end of the first video and ended there for tonight. I will be happy when this is completed and i might actually have a working transmission.

So this will continue as i have time and after i borrow a durge and go get a camper for some friends this saturday. But hopefully some time next week i can get ready to put it back in my truck.

·
PSN intsigator
6,263 Posts
You need a truck Mikey? Come get one of mine, they just sit here most of the time

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,633
I need one for Saturday that can haul a large camper.

·
PSN intsigator
6,263 Posts
I've got 2 that will haul any kind of trailer you want to pull, and my Excursion is limited to bumper pulls

1621 - 1634 of 1634 Posts