Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1601 - 1620 of 1634 Posts

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,601
So dug out the 350 parts. And got the axle mounted properly the u bolts were just long enough for the 450 springs.

So then it was wheel time. Mounted the inner wheels up and put her back down and pulled her back out of the garage. And finally got my door closed.

got some cleaning to do in the garage and basement then truck comes back in for more work.

I was born into Gobernment health care. And will die in Gobernment Health care. God Bless Our Military Men And Women.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,602
You need to put on some padding like your daddy Tom. He never gets hurt
I did and it cost me a liver biopsy. so had to take it back off.

I was born into Gobernment health care. And will die in Gobernment Health care. God Bless Our Military Men And Women.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,603
So been kinda busy lately sorry for no updates. I just ordered the last parts I need to start putting the trans back together. i may not be driving it up and down the road till spring but I want to get the truck back mobile under its own power. So hopefully be starting the rebuild this week.

·
PSN intsigator
6,263 Posts
Glad your gonna be able to get your tranny back together

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,605
me too it needs to be done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just read your whole thread over the last few weeks. Thank you for going back and redoing the pictures as they help me make sense of some of the information.

What will you be hauling to want the 450 suspension?

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,607
Well time has finally come i need to revive this. I cleaned out the garage this weekend and pushed the truck back inside before collapsing form the effort. So hopefully this week i will get. The transmission put back together and ready to reinstall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
6,263 Posts
Well time has finally come i need to revive this. I cleaned out the garage this weekend and pushed the truck back inside before collapsing form the effort. So hopefully this week i will get. The transmission put back together and ready to reinstall.

Not your best thread revival but glad to see it.

·
don't play well w others
3,740 Posts
Good for you mikey. Glad to see your refreshed, and ready to go

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,611
Pieces

Truck

Now to make it work

·
don't play well w others
3,740 Posts
Wish I were there to give you a hand mikey......

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,613
So finally getting cleaned up ready to start the final trans build for my truck. Yes this is the final time i am doing this cause if i breaknsomething again i gonna find my butt 10k and get me an allison 1000 in this truck and never worry again.

·
Project Shamu
2,465 Posts
Good luck getting one to shift, I looked into recently and Mark K is a pretty firm believer that no stand alone computer is gonna make it shift even like stock. Alison1000 would be cool, but I enjoy my E4OD, so I cant complain.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
You’d have to use the ford TCM built for it. There’s a guy that used an 08 5R110 with the OE TCM mated up to a Detroit 4-53T and it works well. It can be done, you must give the TCM it’s inputs it needs from the engine, but it should be tunable.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,617
If it blows up again why not a torqshift instead ? Both generations are stronger than the Allison 1000 , IMO
Good luck getting one to shift, I looked into recently and Mark K is a pretty firm believer that no stand alone computer is gonna make it shift even like stock. Alison1000 would be cool, but I enjoy my E4OD, so I cant complain.
Well there are different versons of the allison 1000 and the version used by gm was junk. But the medium duty versions have logged billion of reliable miles in ups trucks and such. The company im looking at has the kits and the trans available. But i need to hope the e4od can work im poor.

I like the e4od if i can sort out the controller before i start driving it regularly this will be sorted if im hard in it it shifted great but normal driving had hard shift on the 1-2 and 3-4 so figure those out i think ill be set.

·
CAT lover
594 Posts
Same here on my Texas truck.... super hard shifting while I’m not into the throttle but shifts smooth as butter if I’m giving her the boots. No idea why.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,619
Well here it is last day of 2019 my trans has been broke for over a year now. Broke Dec 25 2018. But has not been out of truck that long atleast

So got the last of the clean up done over the last 2 weeks got things laided out got tools gathered up made my work area ready so my old eyes can see. I need one more item to make this setup complete a d then work begins.

Got all my new seals laid out ready to go.

And this is the first thing reseal the reverse piston. I just kleened my case. Seems to have got dirty inside like some idiot let it sit open for a year in his garage. I will hopefully get most of the transmission rebuilt tomorrow.

1601 - 1620 of 1634 Posts