Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1581 - 1600 of 1634 Posts

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,581
So @DIESELSITE deserves a big round of applause. Got my new billet input shaft in and I forgot about my military discount bit they went back with out being asked and refunded it to me these are the kinda sponsors we need to support.

I was born into Gobernment health care. And will die in Gobernment Health care. God Bless Our Military Men And Women.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,355 Posts
I'll be sure to give you due consideration when my trans blows up and I need a builder. Looks like fun.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,583
I'll be sure to give you due consideration when my trans blows up and I need a builder. Looks like fun.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
uhmm not Im on my 4th time on this one and got more then a dieselsite in it not counting my time.

I was born into Gobernment health care. And will die in Gobernment Health care. God Bless Our Military Men And Women.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,584
Well Gonna slow back down on my truck.

Say hello to the Apple Wagon. My new 700 dollar truck. She is a 99 F150 SCSB with a 4.2l in it. So with it Now I can afford to take my time on my truck and do it right.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,586
I need to find something like that lol
Well it was just dumb luck my apple supplier brought it in for an inspection and mentioned he wanted to sell it well when we found rf brake locked up he dropped the price to 700 and I pounced. usually I don't get this lucky. So replaced the charge ports on ac as low side was seeping and recharged the ac. It was working just low on freon. got a brake hose coming for tomorrow. and will get plates on it on friday. Oh and do an oil change bought 1000 over due. And the hyundai is for sale anybody want it.

·
Project Shamu
2,465 Posts
I've always wanted a small OBS 7.3 f250 shorty to DD, my CCLB is fun and all, but it rides terrible and has the turning radius of a small home.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
4.2L!!! Is that thing a 5 speed stick? The M5OD-HD-R2 lives in those trucks and will fit behind a 302, the trans is worth more then $700 if that is the case.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,589
4.2L!!! Is that thing a 5 speed stick? The M5OD-HD-R2 lives in those trucks and will fit behind a 302, the trans is worth more then $700 if that is the case.
No its an auto bad knee and all. it will work for me with a little love I can make money on it. Eventually I want to buy a 13 or newer escape for daily driving.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I would rather have that 4.2 F150 then an Escape (focus)!!
the 4.2L is awesome and you have a 4r70w in that truck, it will last FOREVER!!

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,591
I would rather have that 4.2 F150 then an Escape (focus)!!

the 4.2L is awesome and you have a 4r70w in that truck, it will last FOREVER!!
Yeah I just looking for something newer and I know the escapes and they are not bad cars get the 4 cylinder turbo and they do good as long as u take care of them. This truck is an old beater and I may hold on to it I may not bet its better then a Hyundai.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,592
So did work on the Cantankerous this weekend.

So first problem Is she is stuck part way in the garage right now and summer hit hard on thursday and I had to turn on the air in the house so had to figure out how to keep as much of the cold air inside as possible. Its not perfect but its better then leaving wide open.

So its amazing U get the right size(37.1mm) bushings and they go right in. I have a friend gonna come by this week some time and help me set the springs and get the axle mounted(We hope).

Poor trucks been neglected and this heat made an impact on the sound deadener I had on the inside of the roof. guess I will have to figure out a different way to block the heat on the roof.

And last but not least I got my Centramatics in for the truck. I also got a few odd and ends for the transmission. But will be slowing down on the trans and ordering all new alto clutches since I don't need to rush it now.

So I did begin reorganizing the garage and got my new to me tool box a spot all its own in the garage. Once the truck is out of the door friends plan on getting some of their stuff out of my basement and at the same time I plan on cleaning it out and really getting some organization going. I also would like to build a new door for the garage so as to hold in more heat and cool but is not high on the list right now. got some tlc to do to The apple wagon. at 107000 miles she needs a trans service tune up some brake work belt air filter cooling system service. Is it bad I would rather change all the fluids when I get a new to vehicle. Well I also need to take the drivers door apart and find out what is loose inside there and rattling. And am considering installing a set of actuators in there to allow for remote door locks Yes I am getting old and lazy. I also have a set of aftermarket power window motors that were originally bought for my Festiva's bit never got used so maybe now its time to use them. So all in all got lots to do and not enough hours in the day. But at least I beat one goal which was to be driving my truck by my birthday. Just not the truck I was planning at first. But Truck is a truck as far as my knee is concerned. More to come in the coming weeks as I continue to work on thing on both trucks.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,594
That sucks about the roof mat
I never used a roller on it so that may be the problem I will get it stuck back up and get a roller and roll it so maybe it will stay in the heat If I Would get off my lazy butt and redo the head liner then It would not be a problem.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,595
So got my rear end kinda in my truck.

It was a real pain in the foot. I managed to drop a big metal pry bar on my Big Toe.

The other problem I ran into was I tried to use the 450 ubolts. But they are a bit large so I will have to switch them out for the 350 setup.

At least I have the apple wagon. I took it on a 200 plus mile round trip on friday night. I will be happy when I get the tires off of this and put more suitable less noisy tires on this truck. I will need to pull the drivers door panel and fix a loose lock rod on the drivers door. the radio and speakers actually sound good so will not mess with them. still need to do a good cleaning. I did put a set of motorcraft plugs in it and got the junk autolites out of it. It ran really good for me but she does not like running 65 on the hilly roads I had to run. 4.2l V6 what a power house. But seems to be getting over 15 mpg so we will see next friday when I fill up. So that is all for now will be trying to get the wheels bag on cantankerous this week so I can finally get my garage closed up.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,597
that's a nice lookin toe!!
you should have seen it a few weeks ago when I dropped a bigger bar on it

·
Project Shamu
2,465 Posts
I had a similar accident about a year ago, dropped a piece 9f sheet metal on my big tow, sharp side down, and I thought it was okay, until a month later it was totally green and purple, then the nail started to lift, it bled and excreted blood about every night, and about 4 months later the nail fell off on its own. Took about another 8 months till the nail fully grew back, but it's back to normal and you cant even tell!

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,599
This was last time bigger meaner bar broke the skin thru my shoe and sock.

Yeah i am keeping an eye on it its been itching today so that's a good sign its trying to heal.

·
don't play well w others
3,740 Posts
You need to put on some padding like your daddy Tom. He never gets hurt

1581 - 1600 of 1634 Posts