Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to get a few inches of lift on the front. I know all about the RSK and SD springs so please don't sugest that. I want to know if anyone has played with using a few leafs from rear packs in the front spring packs? I am not worried about a harsh ride as it is already bad anyways. What springs did you use and what would you recomend for 1-2 inches of lift? This is just for a while until I can afford to do it properly.

Thanks,

Ian

·
krazykustomz
69 Posts
i actually did a 2" add a leaf to my truck, i bought it at fat bobs garage.com, it leveled it good as for the ride, i couldnt tell a difference as my truck rides like a tank anyway

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Check to see if your leafspring bushings are worn out, replacing those will usually pick it up an inch or so. Otherwise, stick a set of add a leafs in the front.

Dave

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bushings are fine. Springs are not negative arched. They are out of a 97 F350 and so is my dana 60. I just want to fit 35's without rubbing. Not cutting my bumper either. I am thinking of triying a few leafs from a rear pack.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You can shim your front bumper forward with washers but I don't think you will gain enough room to clear 35's without a bit more than an add a leaf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts