Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm starting on a new project I picked up a 95 cclb pretty clean but has a 460 so I'm gonna swap a 7.3 from another truck I have that's just too rusty to fix got a lot planned on the way but want to get it in and running first so any suggestions are very appreciated and if anyone is in need of a 460 or the 4x4 e4od with it let me kno it runs decent and trans is very smooth also my diner truck is a reg cab will the interior harness plug in ? Pics will be up soon :ford:

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Well I'm starting on a new project I picked up a 95 cclb pretty clean but has a 460 so I'm gonna swap a 7.3 from another truck I have that's just too rusty to fix got a lot planned on the way but want to get it in and running first so any suggestions are very appreciated and if anyone is in need of a 460 or the 4x4 e4od with it let me kno it runs decent and trans is very smooth also my diner truck is a reg cab will the interior harness plug in ? Pics will be up soon :ford:
You will want the 460 truck t-case unless your donor is a F350

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do I need to change tanks or just sending units ? And do I have to modify or change the trans crossmember or the front crossmember ?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Trans crossmember should be the same.
Yes, you need to modify the front crossmember(by putting in Diesel engine perches) and guys like to weld in a plate to fill in the gasser oil filter hole
They say Diesel eats galvanizing and the stick tanks are galvanized

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well did a lot got 90 percent of the doner truck stripped out just wondering are the tank switch valves the same ? And how can I extend the fuel lines for the crew cab it's going in

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think I got everything from the doner now on to the fun stuff new oil pan up pipes and manifolds as well as paint

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
i better get first ride nick:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts