Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a 95 ex cab 5 speed 335.000 she ran about 3 month ago got started in the cold ran fine warmed up then started to idle real rough then died has not started since. i have checked the relas fuses fuel bowl new filter all the line checked, also the tank and tank switch, cleaned the small fillter and screens on the bowl. also new fuel pump, scanned the truck came back with a ICP. tried to un plug ICP sensor and start the truck nothing theres diesel in the bowl but no white smoke. i have checked the high pressure oil and its full also remove the oil line off the head and cranked over only small amount of oil. was not blasting out i think its the HPOP becuese i thought these trucks needed like 700 psi to start just want to make shore. checked the CPS.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
421 Posts
500 psi is the number for it to start..have you checked the IPR connection and the nut on the back ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i put new o rings in it too and still nothing.

im going to change the pump this week if no one has any ideas of what else it could bee

·
Registered
203 Posts
You're not low on oil are you? maybe check the wiring harness / connectors for the injectors. Smell any burnt wiring?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You need to check for low pressure oil first before you go replacing the hpop. If you aren't feeding low pressure oil to the hpop it will never run. Being it is a 95 you also may be a victim of the dreaded drainback issue. Check the reservoir for the hpop and make sure it is full. If it isn't add enough oil to fill it and see if it starts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked the HPOP oil and still nothing also checked all wires. put a new pump in the truck yesterday and fired right up thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts