Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6 in a row makes it go
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting 22 miles per gallon and now all of a sudden over the and now all of a sudden over the past four thousand miles I've lost a total of 6 miles per gallon. I changed tha oil and the transmission fluid about 3,000 miles ago the only thing I did different was put a 5-weight thicker oil. My truck has an aftermarket exhaust starting from the turbo all the way back. A bullydog shift kit and a ts6 performance chip and its on 75 horsepower. I just recently got the TS chip before I put it in I was getting 15 miles per gallon but it butmped me up a mile and a half up in mpg. Could it be a boost leak? Or what i need my fuel mileage i do alot of driving

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
What oil were you using before and what are you using now? You could check for boost leaks, check tire pressures, brakes for any dragging, etc. I would also check your fuel pressure and check the Fuel Pressure Regulator screens (there is one at the joint between the FPR and Filter Bowl and a mesh screen under a circlip-retained plate where the fuel line goes in the bottom of the FPR). Cheers!

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
^^X2 what they said^^ .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts