Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 f350 battery lose
Hi, I am new to this site so I don't know if I'm in the right place. I have a 95 7.3 f350, I have power to everything on the inside of the truck, when I turn the key to the on position the dash icons and wait to start light comes on for a split sec then I loose power to everything in the truck, if I undo the positive battery cable on the passenger side and then put it back on I have power and it will start. but turn it off and try again the same thing will happen and you have to repeat the process. but it is not an every time occurance. it is getting old so any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are all clean and new battery's if I loosen one up and tighten back down it will do it again or it will crank up but I'm having trouble finding the cause but it is not an all the time deal

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
definitely a bad connection somewhere. Have you cleaned the inside of the terminals on the clamps?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the problem, on the passenger side battery the small red wire was not in the crimp good, which was not getting a connection. Also it was grounding out due to wire exposed a could inches down.
Thanks for the info I appriecte it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts