Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends is looking at buying one and i am going to check it out with him, i wanted to know what weak points common problems ect to look for before he buys it
ive seen some pics of it and it looks excepionaly clean but i know nothing about the engine
thanks

·
That thing got a Cummins?
1,229 Posts
Front ends are junk. I know of several 6.5 liters that have had a piston disintagrate just going down the road. But on the plus side, if you get a good one they do tend to run forever. Talk him into a Ford or a Dodge, he will be alot happier.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Stock they seem to run quite a while... just hope he doesnt want any power out of it

·
That thing got a Cummins?
1,229 Posts
Make sure you check the frame real well. Some of these chevys like to rust the frame out around the control arm mounts

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he does plan to keep it stock or pretty close to it, its gonna be a DD for the most part with the occasional load of fire wood or dirt bikes

heres the truck-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-C-K-Pickup-2500-DIESEL-4X4-Turbo-Diesel-4x4-SHOWROOM-Condition-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ120530315836QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1c102aaa3c
he found it on ebay but hes gonna go straight to the seller to avoid the hassle because hes pretty close by
thanks for the points ill make sure to give them a close look

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we took a ride down today and looked at it and its absolutley immaculate. drives and rides real good pretty peppy for an old turd.. he immediatley fell in love LOL its coming home saturday

1 - 8 of 8 Posts