Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my speedometer in my truck is bad and needs to be replaced I thought why not upgrade. So I was wondering whats out there and if you guys could help me with some pictures and where you got them. aftermarket gauge faces and if there are more accurate gauges are what I'm curious about

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
If you completely replace the speedo head, you'll lose cruise control, because the PSOM in the back of the speedo head is what feeds the speed to the PCM. If course, you'll lose your odometer.

If your speedometer is inaccurate, it's probably because of a change in tire size, for which you can compensate by recalibrating it.

What's "bad" about your speedometer? Do you get a number on the odometer? Does it still count up?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It bounces after 45mph and the rest of the cluster is inaccurate and Dosent read right all the time. I'm more or less looking for stock replacement that is more accurate

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Have you tried engaging the cruise when it's bouncing?

Have you determined that the bouncing is in the speedometer itself?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
The bouncing is most likely the VSS, NOT the speedometer

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My speedometer working or not working is besides the point I'm woundering what's out there for aftermarket instrument clusters that are plug and play

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
My speedometer working or not working is besides the point I'm woundering what's out there for aftermarket instrument clusters that are plug and play
Nothing other than stock is plug and play

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
All the clusters i have seen are mostly just faceplates and needles, not new clusters at all.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I found the appropriate ford lightning speedo. Changed the needle and it was plug and play. Now I have 120 MPH to look at.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts