Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
im having weird stuff going on. Someone had to have this or well aware of this situation.
I have a YouTube link below....
New pump, doesn’t seems like I have air in the system, no fuel leaks. New sleeves at the banjo assembly. Fuel bowl rebuild. Turbo rebuild.
can someone please help.
This is YouTube link below

Thank you.

·
PSN intsigator
6,830 Posts
It sounds like you have a dead injector solenoid at idle. Easiest thing to do is remove your valve covers and start disconnecting the injector plugs one at a time, go through ALL OF THEM and see which one(s) make no change in the sound of the engine

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just went outside and did exactly what you said.... #7 ( if we go by firing order ), does not make a change.......If you stand in front of engine it’s the very back left one....
I’m guessing there is a burned wire or bad injector?

what would be my proper procedures?

and thank you heavydoc

·
PSN intsigator
6,830 Posts
Ohm the wires but kinda doubt that is your issue. You can always swap the injector with another and see if the problem moves. Or replace them, I personally would go with Rosewood injectors

Reactions: Jax

·
Project Shamu
2,854 Posts
Doc is right, chances are the injector is bad, but test it by swapping it with injector 1 and see if the problem follows.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Dan. What you you mean “swapping it with injector 1” ? Are you saying swapping the harness plug or actual injector?
I’m guessing just the plug?

·
PSN intsigator
6,830 Posts
No pull injector 7 and swap it with another, whether it be #1,3,or5. If your problem moves to where you moved #7 to then you have a bad injector. If it stays the same then you have a wiring or IDM issue. But we doubt its in the wiring

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when I was checking yesterday I might have heard it wrong but there is a change in sound when injectors are unplugged.... I’m only getting 35 psi fuel pressure, when giving gas pressure dropping to 20 and less

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
You should be getting 50psi when the engine is running.

You may just have a bad pump. It wouldn't be the first time that a pump was bad right out of the box.

·
PSN intsigator
6,830 Posts
Yep, is the fuel pressure regulator return screen clean

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My old pump wasn’t bad but I still replaced it while I was there. I’m about to put an old one back and see
Or is there a way to test the one I installed?

·
PSN intsigator
6,830 Posts
The Schrader valve on the regulator

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes I’m getting 35 psi while in idle and when give some gas it drops to 20

·
PSN intsigator
6,830 Posts
You have low fuel pressure

·
PSN intsigator
6,830 Posts
Like @Bugman stated above you should have 50psi. My 96 has 55psi

·
Registered
36 Posts
Forgive me if this isn't applicable for 94-97 model years, I'm used to working on my 01 7.3. Have you done the hutch mod? You could have some debris in the fuel lines between the fuel tank and the fuel pump on the frame rail. To troubleshoot, disconnect the fuel line from the fuel pump input and then attach a piece of hose to the fuel pump input, running the other end into a can of diesel fuel. Once this is hooked up, make sure you have good fuel flow before starting the truck by opening the fuel bowl drain and then rolling the key to on. Make sure you have a hose on that fuel bowl drain, and run it into a bucket or back into the fuel can you're pumping from. If fuel flow looks good, close that fuel bowl drain, then start it up. If it runs normal, the problem is prior to the fuel pump.

·
Administrator
8,461 Posts
94 to 97 has a manual fuel pump on top of the engine, not an electric pump on the frame.
so your method will not work.

unless of course the truck had a E-fuel conversion done to it.

·
PSN intsigator
6,830 Posts
The manual pump is also a 2 stage pump, it does your low and high pressure fuel!

Reactions: XJ4Life
1 - 20 of 37 Posts