Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cab mounts are starting to rot I was wondering if you can buy replacement ones if not I was going to use 3" square stock and cut it down the middle and weld it under the cab and make that my new cab mount. Did any one ever fab or weld anything under there to fix the cab mounts. I don't get it its only the front two that have holes in them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I rebuilt mine. It's not the most perfect looking creation but it works! I'll be sure to post some pictures for you after work.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rebuilt mine. It's not the most perfect looking creation but it works! I'll be sure to post some pictures for you after work.
Ok sounds good what did you build them out of. I really want to restore this truck good because it will be my daily driver. It's sad I sold my truck that only had bad coil buckets and cab mounts and got this ford that needs a new driver floor rad support rocker support rocker panel front fenders driver door and front and back driver pillars and rear shackle brackets. I mean I'm looking at close to a grand in parts I ordered most of them already. I just need to figure out the cab mounts.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I didn't get any pictures today I apologize! I built them out of some scrap iron that came out of a local prision that closed. It's hard to explain what I did with out pictures. I'll get some tomorrow. As for all the stuff you need to restore your truck I've been there and I've done that. New box (yes I found a obs box in close to mint shape in the salt belt) new fenders, cab corners, rebuilt cab mounts, rebuilt core support, leaf spring shackles, leaf springs, cab bushings, cowel induction hood, And finally I painted the frame and axles with chassis saver. It wasn't cheap, was time consuming but when I walk away from my truck and turn around and smile because I know what's in it and what I've done, it makes it all worth it. If you're looking for a radiator support brad has like 6 of them in the classifieds.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get any pictures today I apologize! I built them out of some scrap iron that came out of a local prision that closed. It's hard to explain what I did with out pictures. I'll get some tomorrow. As for all the stuff you need to restore your truck I've been there and I've done that. New box (yes I found a obs box in close to mint shape in the salt belt) new fenders, cab corners, rebuilt cab mounts, rebuilt core support, leaf spring shackles, leaf springs, cab bushings, cowel induction hood, And finally I painted the frame and axles with chassis saver. It wasn't cheap, was time consuming but when I walk away from my truck and turn around and smile because I know what's in it and what I've done, it makes it all worth it. If you're looking for a radiator support brad has like 6 of them in the classifieds.
Mines not that bad the main supports and everything is good its just the driver side rocker and cab mounts and rotted out brake line. I'm hoping I can strip and cut mostly everything out sunday and get it all welded up by next week because I sold my daily driver to buy this truck and the grand I had left over from selling my truck bought all the parts for this one.

Edit: Alo my seat belt bracket on the driver side is rotted is that part of the rear pillar because I ordered the rear pillar thinking it was it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This is what I did. This is the front cab mounts. I don't know if you are talking about the back ones but my front ones were gone. I had flat plat metal I think was 1/8 or 1/4 I don't remember. Heated it to make it like 45* or what the angle is from the bottom of the cab to the front wheel well angle. Self tappers. Yeah it's kinda rigged together but it works and sure beats trying to find a new cab in the north country.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what I did. This is the front cab mounts. I don't know if you are talking about the back ones but my front ones were gone. I had flat plat metal I think was 1/8 or 1/4 I don't remember. Heated it to make it like 45* or what the angle is from the bottom of the cab to the front wheel well angle. Self tappers. Yeah it's kinda rigged together but it works and sure beats trying to find a new cab in the north country.
Yea my front ones are gone back ones are good. My idea was 3inch square stock and cutting it in half then cutting the angles and welding it making a square cab mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts