Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home last night the truck just started to sound aweful and was losing power. At first I thought i could be out of fuel cause I was pretty low and im now sure how accurate the gauge is. So I got some fuel put it in the tank and the bowl and tried to fire it up. It will turn over and turn over but nothing. Is there something else I got to do to prime it other than fill the bowl? When it runs out of gas does it sound like absolute ####?

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
sure if it runs out of fuel its not going to sound right, you have something to check the oil level in your reservoir on your front cover? do you have oil pressure? how long did you try to crank?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil pressure is good, I found out why it wouldnt start after I put fuel in it. It was so cold I was in such a rush that when I put the filter back in I didnt pay attention and got the O-ring sideways so it wouldnt seal. I took it off and put it back on in the warmth of my garage and It started up like 5th or so try no more leaking. Looks like the gas gauge is a little off and no more letting it get close to empty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts