Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I just picked up a 1993 f350 7.3 idi turbo diesel. My understanding is this truck is a factory installed turbo truck, so my question is where can I find exhaust, maybe larger injectors and an intake don't want to do nothing wild/crazy but would like just a little more power

·
Registered
618 Posts
IDI's aren't like a Powerstroke when it comes to adding power. Injectors really have nothing to do with the power level; that all comes from the injection pump. Doesn't mean that you can make your engine live forever on the factory injectors, but replacing them with new will make it run better and help you reach full potential for power. You want to look in to R+D diesel, or Conestoga diesel for a good, well-known performance pump. Then as soon as you get it installed, get it timed properly with a timing meter. A new injection pump and BRAND NEW injectors will do you wonders.

For the exhaust, you want to look into either getting a Banks downpipe, or getting a Powerstroke 3" downpipe and cutting the exhaust flange off it, and then welding on the flange for your current turbo. You can run safely with a straight pipe and no muffler, since the turbo will act as a resonator in your case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts