Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
krazykustomz
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i just bought a 92 f350 and it has a factory turbo diesel. people say it never came with one but mine has the tach in dash that says turbo, so how many did they make thanks

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
hello i just bought a 92 f350 and it has a factory turbo diesel. people say it never came with one but mine has the tach in dash that says turbo, so how many did they make thanks
maybe we could have someone run the vin on it for the build sheet and see what it came with factory

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
:whs: someone needs to do some checkin', like maybe look at the title, cuz its buggin me lol

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
The only factory turbo trucks were 93-94, you could have an early 93 that still counts as a 92.

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
i have a VIN decoder on another site. if you want to post the VIN, i can run it for you and give you a printout.

·
krazykustomz
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well all it seems to be that it is a 92 truck it has a newer turbo diesel and whoever did the swap also did the dash change

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
well all it seems to be that it is a 92 truck it has a newer turbo diesel and whoever did the swap also did the dash change
that makes a lot more sense

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
IDI, first years of the PSD was 94.5 and you could only get a PSD then with a ZF5, the 94.5 with auto trans was still an IDI

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
he said they changed engine and dash,why couldnt it be a powerstroke?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
post a pic of the engine up!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
IDI, first years of the PSD was 94.5 and you could only get a PSD then with a ZF5, the 94.5 with auto trans was still an IDI
He said its he thinks its swapped, I was asking if someone had swapped it to a powerstroke not if the 92 year was an IDI

·
Registered
389 Posts
Maybe be converted to a Powerstroke. The factory turboed engines in the 93-94 did not say "turbo diesel" on the tach. Only powerstrokes said that. Also unless they used the "turbo diesel" decal/sticker, switching the tach in the dash did not work either. PSD's and IDI's had a different tach signal.

We need pics....

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
Maybe be converted to a Powerstroke. The factory turboed engines in the 93-94 did not say "turbo diesel" on the tach. Only powerstrokes said that. Also unless they used the "turbo diesel" decal/sticker, switching the tach in the dash did not work either. PSD's and IDI's had a different tach signal.

We need pics....
Speaking of which. anyone have ideas of how i can use my IDI tack in my 86 when i put the stroke in?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts