Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says no crank 5.0 5 speed. battery is brand new, all accessories work but won't turn over or even act like it wants tO. Something with the clutch not fully engaging?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Little misleading questi

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn iPhone. Little misleading question. Could it be something with the clutch*?

·
Joined cracked block club
289 Posts
Look for worn / loose parts under the dash. I've had to replace bushings, the arm that connects the pedal pivot shaft to the clutch master & in one instance the big aluminum bracket that holds up the dash ( but that was on a '87 -'91 era truck ).

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
The 92+ isn't supposed to have that problem, with the pedal assembly falling apart.
It could still be a worn master slave or sticky throwout bearing or pilot
With the m5 sadly you have to drop the trans to get to the slave throwout or pilot.
If it were any of those though, it would start in neutral.
I would look at the clutch lockout switch, and then bypass it unless you have kids that might be messing around the truck.
Not sure about the 5.0, but the 4.9 with a high torque starter will fire up and take off in gear.

·
Ford Enthusiast
100 Posts
Fuel pump is a possibility. Your description of the problem is a little brief. When you say "not turning over" do you mean its trying to start and just won't fire or its just completely dead?

When you turn the key into accessory mode, you should be able to hear the fuel pump turn on.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
It should also prime up in 10-30 seconds and then shut off.
If it doesn't shut off you will need one of three things, fuel pump relay, eec relay or a new eec.
Mine turned out to be a fried eec. I drove the truck for over a year with the pump never priming and shutting while on accessory, had no idea it was supposed to till the computer went.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts