Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my brothers truck to ford the other day an they replaced the plastic CAC pipe after they replaced it it started making kind of a Tea Kettle whistle is what id call it then we took it back to Ford ( its out of warrenty) an they told us that the turbo egr cooler an the oil cooler are bad we replaced all of em with new ford parts and its still making this whistleing noise does anyone have any idea what it could be or ever have this problem before

Thanks Brian

Sorry for the one long sentence but wrote it on my phone

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
boost leak?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We didn't check the Y pipe but it was replaced about 6 or 7 miles ago I'll have so look at that tomorrow an we were trying to find a boost leak but none of those boots are leaking an cant find a crack or anything in tubes was kinda thinking it might be leaking from inter cooler but idk

·
Registered
583 Posts
why did you have the plastic intercooler pipe changed? did he explode it? usually when you hear the tea kettle sound its head gasket related and the blown headgasket is pressuring the cooling system and the extra pressure vents itself out of the degas bottle cap. hate to say it but thats more than likely your issue

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
why did you have the plastic intercooler pipe changed? did he explode it? usually when you hear the tea kettle sound its head gasket related and the blown headgasket is pressuring the cooling system and the extra pressure vents itself out of the degas bottle cap. hate to say it but thats more than likely your issue
That was my issue when my truck decided to play teapot.

sent from ^^^ his phone with jedi mind tricks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts