Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we have a 90 f450 idi naturally aspirated 7.3 diesel with the zf behind it and we have found a 94 f450 idi turbo 7.3 with the zf behind it for cheap but the motor and everything looks different no injectors on top there is nothing on top of the motor turbo is bolted on the fire wall right above the motor and the breather is on the drivers side fender we would like to know if it will bolt on our truck and how much mods will will have to do will the wires go we're they need what? We are lost

·
Registered
320 Posts
If what you found is a 7.3 with no injectors visible, it's not an idi engine, it's a di which means computerized power stroke.. With work, a swap is possible, but it means work...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much work like trying to wire up the computers or more like motor mounts and a whole lot of fabing

·
Registered
320 Posts
I really couldnt say, cause i have never done one... I have seen many comment that transplanting an older cummins [pre computer] is simpler.. After doing a cummins swap on my gmc, i might agree..

·
Registered
331 Posts
I recently spoke with my old shop foreman and they did this exact swap with a powerstroke so it can be done. It will be a lot of work. I don't have specifics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts