Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, all my ball joints are shot, top and bottom left and right. I got quoted 850 for a year warranty with genuine ford parts. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
installed? that's what I was quoted with alignment for my 96, but they weren't ford parts, and may be something completely different from yours to mine.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
That about right my ford dealer wanted over 1000 with parts and labor i did it myself for 100 for the joints proly around 100-200 for the ford oem axle seals and i bought a ball joint press

·
Registered
922 Posts
get moog ball joints. they have a lifetime replacement warranty! not to expensive either maybe cheaper than ford parts but that does sound about right its hard stinkin work gettin those things out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
get moog ball joints. they have a lifetime replacement warranty! not to expensive either maybe cheaper than ford parts but that does sound about right its hard stinkin work gettin those things out.
Moog chassis parts are prolly the way I would go to. Had a lot of luck with them.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had another question. I used to have the icon 4.5 hanger/shackle kit with that comes with the track bar bracket and the drop pitman arm. When I got my 33" nitto's I went to a ICON 2" mini spring pack, the shop that installed the 2" spring pack left the track bar bracket and pitman arm that came with the 4.5" hanger shackle installed on the truck. Was this the right way to go or should the stock bracket and pitman arm be put back on? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
I'd say you are fine with the bracket and arm as long as drive-ability issues do not exist. Check for suspension travel to ensure you have good clearance.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
if your front axle is still centered then your fine if its proud to the passenger side you may think about removing the track bar drop bracket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts