Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5 days
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the computer out of a 99 in my 01 truck. its not getting the pressure it should. so would 80k resistor be to much?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
What is not getting pressure? Should be no pressure on the computer.

·
5 days
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the guys at dave's diesel said it wasn't getting the correct fuel pressure

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
The PCM nor the IDM have anything to do with fuel pressure. Check your filter. Check your lines. Check your pump. Also might want to check the regulator.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I would call swamps if your talkin about the injector module, they do diff mods for e99 and later trucks . If your talkin about the pcm id still call them e99 have smaller injcs turbo etc so may call for less. And the e99 tranny shifting sux compaired to a pmt the tq locks diff cruise light no worky etc..

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
The PCM nor the IDM have anything to do with fuel pressure. Check your filter. Check your lines. Check your pump. Also might want to check the regulator.
:whs:

putting in any resistor may cover up the problem making it seem fixed. If you have a loss of fuel pressure do what Andy said. Check your stuff before you go fixing something that doesn't need fixed.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
early 99 trucks have a 110V IDM while the 99.5 to 03 trucks have a 120V..the OBS trucks are a 100V it has nothing to do with fuel PSI..but the early99 IDM in a 99.5 truck can make the truck feel weaker..the resistor is a 75k or 73.2 k depending on what IDM you have..
To convert IDM 120 to 140 you need a 73.2k ohm resistor. .5w 1%.
Digi-Key - PPC73.2KXCT-ND (Manufacturer - SFR16S0007322FR500)
If you come up with an old IDM 100 or 110, they both take a 75k.
Digi-Key - PPC75.0KXCT-ND (Manufacturer - SFR16S0007502FR500)

this is a copy and past from the link bellow..

How does it work?
Injectors are very inductiove loads, similar to light bulbs. When you trun on a light bulb, it does not turn on right away. it takes time for current to flow through the bulb. Time here is in millionths of a second (us). By changeing some parameters on the IDM, i turn on the injectors faster and therefore keep them on longer since the PCM does not know it has happened. With a stock IDM, the injectors take 560 us to fully turn on (see below), with the IDM mod, injectors turn on in 440us (see below).

What sort of improvements will I see?
A while ago some friends of mine dynoed this mod and got improvements of 20hp/60ft-lbs. I will eventually post them, but for now email me and i will send them to you. I finally got around to placing my truck on the dyno. Peaks did not change much but the graph shows areas of improvemnt of over 100 ft-lbs. See the dyno graphs below.

Powerstroke Diesel IDM mod

·
5 days
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shifting sucks. I have replaced filters, shimmer fpr, and added a fass and nothing. I even went to ford and had them reprogram it to an 01. Atleast the dumbass said he did. Still didn't change anything. The level 2 on my chip is equivalent to my friends bone stock powerstroke. I'm selling chip to my brother so I'm trying to figure out how to get it to stock power levels at least without having to buy new PCM. That is out of the question as I'm selling chip to pay bills

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
A used pcm should run far less then what the stealer asks.....like a third

·
Registered
267 Posts
Have you had the injectors tested? I have seen this problem before and have had a bad injector or couple. How long has the problem been going on? On the trucks that I have seen this on the nozzle on the injector was cracked and didnt take long to burn the piston. On the other hand they be be cloged, you did the Fass system did you do the fuel bowl delete kit with that od did you keep the bowl? There is also a drain port on the fuel bowl that has been known to leak I would check that as well. Have you had any codes pop up on your truck? check those out as well good luck and hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
is the map sensor faulty? i know if your map sensor is not hooked up to the intake then your truck will be really doggy even with a chip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts