Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to lift my 06 f250 fx4 diesel and was wondering if I need to get an 8" lift, I would like an 8" but in worried the tires will look small on 24s because I see sone guys are running a 6" with 37s. Also what is a good quality lift for a reasonable price. This is strictly a street queen and no towing so the lift doesn't have to be top notch. Also should I go 4 link or no. Thanks guys I'm new to the 250s but not lifting. Came from an f150 so I'm moving up

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I'm running an 8" lift with 37s. Personally, I think 6" looks better with 37s. I'll either drop to 6" or go with 38s, next time I need tires. JMO
:whs: If your going to run 37's i would go with a 6" lift, especially if your going to run 24" wheels. I had 37s on my 8" lift and they looked tiny, and i had 17" wheels...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok then what setup then guys

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the difference between 4 link and radius arm drop. Is one better than the other?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
4 link will ride much better than the drop of the factory bracket. If you can afford it do it right the first time

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool then 4 link it is. I think im going to get the rize 6" 4 link.

·
Registered
545 Posts
if you're running 24"s then 37's will look small no matter what size lift you run, I have 22 with 37's on a 6" and it looks ok but I will go with 38+ when they wear out, I have the room for it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might just go with 38s from the beginning then. Do i need to re-gear?

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you're not going to tow, and it's just a steet queen, I wouldn't bother re-gearing. I ran my stock gears (3.73) with 38" tires for nearly 45k miles, then stepped down to 37's, to save a few bucks, but I will be going back to 38's or bigger with my next set of tires.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Keanoknick- What is your suspension setup. Everyone tells me 37s would look to small with an 8" lift but yours looks good.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Heres mine 9.5 on 38's

Heres before 6.5 on 37's

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dont FX4s sit a little higher than the 4x4s from the factory to begin with?

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
The only differrence was the use of Rancho shocks with the FX4 and a few non suspension options bundled in.

If you're primarily a street queen, use larger tires. If you off road more than occasionally, use the slightly smaller tire to prevent issues of tire rub during articulation and suspension travel. Depending on the tire manufacturer, there might not be much of a difference in diameter between the 37 and 38. Primarily it is a width and weight change. Also, the wider you go with a tire, the more strain it WILL put on the sector shaft on low speed/stationary steering, not to mention ball joints and wheel bearings.

You will need to look into tire brands if you want to run 24" rims. For example, Toyo MT only offers a 37 in that rim size. In 22, your options are 37 and 40. For 38, you need to drop to 20" rims.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
here are some of mine

this is my 05 with 8.5" on 37" X 13.50 X 20s

[/IMG]

this it with 38" X 15.50 X 20s

[/IMG]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts