Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JTlane
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a wrecked 95 7.3 with a zf5 and i have a 79 f150 short bed.what kinda radiator would i have to use and could i get a intercooler in it?its going to take a while to do this.im die set on making a 79 7.3 powerstroke.im going to shcool to be a diesel mec right now not much time to work on it.so i will only get to work on it on my free time.thought about painting the 79 black 4in lift with harley davidson seats.does anyone know if the dana 44 will hold up to a 7.3??

·
Registered
119 Posts
i would use the rad out of the 95 and use an intercooler out of a superduty. i wouldnt use the dana 44 not really made for the weight or the torque of a diesel

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am big into the older fords. I helped a buddy do this to a 77 Highboy. Need to use the leaf springs from the diesel truck. The springs on the front of the 79 won't support the extra weight. Ours was a 4x4. Have to modify the core support and inner fenders because of the intercooler. Wiring sucks but it works. the cab floor needs some help to clear the trans. I have some plans somewhere of the motor mounts we made. I will scan them and post some pics.

·
JTlane
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hell yeah bud thanks.what if a man took a front end out of a f250 with coils?do you havee to cut out the firewall any?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts