Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bleeding diesel
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a buddy of mine were out drinkin last night and I told him I've been looking for a 6.0 powerstroke. So we go down the road and there's a 2005 F250 lariat ccsb 6-speed manual. Exhaust is pretty close to shot, light rust on frame, but it needs a tranny.

So is it worth 6k?

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
I want a CCSB 6 speed ! How many miles does it have on it? Id say its worth that, look around and see what you can get a used tranny for. Even if you drop 2500 to get the zf6 rebulit you have an 05 ccsb diesel for 8500. Try and jew him down on price a little also.

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
Id do it for sure

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
sounds like you can have a really nice truck for under 7-8g if you get it for 4 with everything you need to have done to it. i would buy it for that. Its worth that in parts alone easily

and i could also give you your $ back since im closer LOL !!

·
Bleeding diesel
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like you can have a really nice truck for under 7-8g if you get it for 4 with everything you need to have done to it. i would buy it for that. Its worth that in parts alone easily

and i could also give you your $ back since im closer LOL !!
I wanna keep it under 10k all together, but I'm half tempted to pull the motor and do some things to it. :ford:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well if ya pull the motor I'd bet that the $10k idea is gonna be well surpassed.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
How is the manual tranny shot? Mean the clutch is shot? Or it doesn't go into a gear? or it has a broken shaft?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
usually 2nd gear synchros go of the trannys and that it about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts