·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made my own motor mounts for this set up and I've got them blue printed so when the next one comes along it will be alot easier. Had to get a custom driveshaft made, from a 1330 u joint to a 1410, this was for the trans to t case.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about the frame?
What about it? I have not had to change anything frame wise in order for this to fit, the 4bt is actually alot shorter from front to back them the 390 was, so I have plenty of room between the cross member, I will have to flip the oil pan to be a rear sump because it is rather close to the front diff. Oil pan is symmetrical so all I will have to modify is the pick up tube.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I was thinking more of the frame rattling apart. I have seen a few try this with old Dodge 200s and the frames wouldn't take it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess time will have to tell on that one. The 6bt in my 63 hasn't caused a single issue with the frame, although it is on a 1988 frame from a f350..

I think she will be fine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the radiator mounted in last night, got the bumper back on..

All I need to do it get the lift pump on, the starter back in, wiring for the alternator, need to fabricate a braket for the hydraulic slave cylinder, need to run power steering lines and hook up some sort of vacuum for the brake booster.

So maybe another week or so. I will update with more pictures and videos later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts