Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i need a 7 pin blade style conector for my truck so i can plug in my new rv. all i have is the 4 pin flat style. so i bought the plug i need but dont know how to wire it all up... id didnt include instructions... well here is a pic. if some one could tell me what to hook the 3 wires too..( i know the white is ground ) but what about the other three? thanks yall/

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you thats exactly what i needed.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
If it's an RV they are different than a reg 7 blade. The plug you bought doesn't seem to have enough wires. Seems to be missing the Red aux power to power the convertor in the RV. The rest of it might work but it's nice having that one to charge the RV batt while the truck is running. Example. While hunting in the mtns @ 7000' in temps in the teens I hear some noise in the middle of the night. My buddies trailer batteries took a dump and he had no heat. He backed up his truck, plugged it in and got the furnace going. He couldn't start the gen so he had to use the truck. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
naw, on this one the black wire goes to the convertor on the rv, and on the truck side it goes strait to the battery. i been chacin down a wiring problem. so ive been through all the wires two or three times now on the truck and the rv. i cant get the brake running lights to come on at all and the blinkers and brake lights are some how showing up on the dim side of the two way bulb.. the running light side... i think it may be a ground issue on the trailer side but still not 100% sure.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
on my fact plug the aux going to the convertor is only hot when the engine is running so as not to run down the batt in the truck while camping for days. if it's wired to your truck batt the conv is on all the time it's plugged in.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, its an easy fix just unplug when you park to camp. im usally using my truck for other activities when i camp anyways like fishing or hunting.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Just wanted to point that out. Sounds like you have got it together. My memory is so bad I would forget. I always have my arctic cat prowler to run around in so the trailer stays hooked up. I'm lazy about things like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts