Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What is the best Turbo for a 7.3L, 200/30 injectors, 4" exhaust?

• Borg Warner turbo EFR (Engineered For Racing)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could have anything you want on your diesel, what turbo would you choose?

·
shade tree mechanic
91 Posts
i personally run fullforce 205/30 hybrids and a borgwarner sxe s366. mine is an e99 manual and wish i would've gone s364.5 rather than the s366 just for boost a couple hundred rpm sooner. factory e99 turbo made 1 psi at 1200 rpm and the sxe s366 doesnt until 1500 rpm. i do have to say the sxe s366 doesn't run over 1200* egts towing a 34' fifthwheel camper on a 95* ambient day. i have been considering a dual bb 364.5 by kc if they still offer one to replace the sxe 366.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
go to tractor supply and buy the biggest baddest leaf blower they have. bolt it to the passenger fender top, and stick the outlet in the intake.
should not cost any more than around $500.
then spend the thousand bucks you saved on adult beverages. 🤪

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
go to tractor supply and buy the biggest baddest leaf blower they have. bolt it to the passenger fender top, and stick the outlet in the intake.
should not cost any more than around $500.
then spend the thousand bucks you saved on adult beverages.
Do you recommend a gas powered blower? Or electric?
If electric what inverter do you suggest to run it?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Gas. Electric need a gas engine charger, so just get a gas powered one and be done.

Reactions: Blue-Truck-Nut97

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ARRGGHHHH . .. . A guy I like and respect, GM dealer, Says the journal bearing turbos are long time reliable and I don't need the spin-up speed of a ball bearing turbo unless I am racing!

I feel like a ping-pong ball . . . .

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Welcome to the "all parts sellers are lying pieces of dirty dog droppings " club.

Reactions: JustAFenceBuilder

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: tjctransport

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Borg Warner turbo.
EFR means Engineered For Racing

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Leveled, 5” exhaust, ww38, 6637,
31 Posts
I’ve never heard a bad thing about a Borg Warner T4 set up. My cousin is running a S366 in his dually and it’s bad to the bone.

$$$ though

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch! This is what it looks like when a KC38r craps out on you!

·
shade tree mechanic
91 Posts
i currently run the borg warner sxe s366/.91 exh . i do like the turbo line but i drive a manual. i think the 364.5 would've been better for towing a camper. the 364.5 spools apprx 150 to 200 rpm sooner or lower in the rpm range than the 366. my e99 stock turbo made 1 psi by 1200 rpm with the 60 hp tow tune from dp tuner. with the sxe s366/ 76mm turbine wheel and .91 exh housing i see 1 psi boost at 1500 rpm but the turbo isn't real responsive until 1750 rpm. that loaded and in either php or jelibuilt tow tunes. i have hybrid 205/30 inj's with an adrenaline hpop. e99 quad cab 4x4 drw manual. i really want to swap that turbo out for a dual bb version. i know a couple guys that like the sxe 366 on auto trans.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KC Turbos came through!

#1 AAA rating for KC Turbos standing behind their product. I do now have a journal bearing turbo (KC300x Stage 2) and it performs as well as the ball bearing turbo. I also suspect (haven't completed enough miles to confirm) I'm getting better gas mileage and lower Exhaust Gas Temperatures.

In the long run, it is how a business supports its customers.

Reactions: heavydoc
1 - 16 of 16 Posts