Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know what your thinking just jump on the forums and look. No one has said it or I wouldn't be asking. I have a BONE STOCK 4r100. I am looking to do a BTS Valve Body and torque converter. I don't want the PI's, ATS, or JW Torque converters because it would be a waste until I call them for a custom built trans later on. I just want to get a triple disk TC that will last.
I found a few:
AFE
BD
Banks

I want to know what you guys would use knowing you have a built trans planned for the future. My idea is to make it last as long as possible and when she goes put a whole new BTS trans in it. but until the just a TC and BTS valve body.

This is all for the truck in my SIG.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Brian will deduct if you already have his parts in the trans when you upgrade if I remember correctly. And for the price of a banks you could get a PI for about the same price and be better off

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't think you can run a PI in a stock trans from my talks with Brian.
I asked him same question after I purchased my e99 with marble sounds and he suggested going with a good Daaco converter and run the trans till the end of its life. I went with a multi disk Daaco and installed it last month. Nice and quiet now and runs good so far

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I'm talking about I don't want to add a big expensive TC I just wasn't something that will give me more power to the ground until my stock trans takes a dirt nap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts