Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to pull my 7.3L and replace the oil pan and was curious what other items I should service / replace / upgrade while I am in it. Below is the list I was debating. I have a T4 mount with an external wastegate, but also have powered metal rods. Appreciate the feedback/insight!

- Oil Pan
- Low pressure oil pump
- Rear Main Seal
- Injector Cups + new Injector O-rings

Potential Upgrades?
- Valve Springs
- Hydraulic Lifters
- Push Rods
- Head Studs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one? :D

So far I intend to do the following. Anything else to do while I am in this? Springs? Pushrods? etc etc?

1. oil cooler gasket
  2. low pressure oil pump
  3. rear main seal
  4. injector cups and new injector o rings
  5. new engine mounts
  6. New oil pan.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The level knowledge required for your questions aren't sitting at the table passing on there tips for trimming an engine , you need to seek out a info. source and take your parts to them and compare to replacement parts ? If possible seek out local source and compare parts for your needs.. The Gov Holmes

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went fairly deep. I pulled everything apart and replaced most all gaskets. I didn't touch the rotating assembly (Crank, pistons, etc), but cleaned it up pretty well. I think I got it all. I did end up pulling the front cover to replace the gaskets. The old gasket was pretty worn and certainly not sealing very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts