Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Where are you going with this thread and why is it in smack?

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to see what others think if the tool.. and see if they think it would work..

And most threads when you have a qustion like this, get trashed. so i thought i would just start it in smack. so its not clutering up other forums..

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Get in touch with Jim at Rosewood. His tool set is much easier to use on our trucks as it is designed for the interference issues that you run into on the back two cylinders. As far as your initial question goes, sure it will work but how well in comparison to a tool designed by a guy who designed it for use on the OBS trucks is a different story all together.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
That last link you posted is [email protected] Diesel's tool. I have one and I couldn't ask for better.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is.. just one differance.the price, Jims has a better price..

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I just want to see what others think if the tool.. and see if they think it would work..

And most threads when you have a qustion like this, get trashed. so i thought i would just start it in smack. so its not clutering up other forums..
If you feel like you are asking serious question on a technical subject and it is getting derailed or trashed notify a moderator.

On topic I also suggest contacting Jim Rose for a 7.3 injector cup removal tool.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
so a related question, what is the lifespan/ maintenance of inj cups? I assume that in a running motor you leave them alone unless there is a problem and they get replaced on a rebuild????

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so a related question, what is the lifespan/ maintenance of inj cups? I assume that in a running motor you leave them alone unless there is a problem and they get replaced on a rebuild????
Thats about it... I thought mine were bad. turns out there not bad.. But thince I am under the valve covers now and going to drian and flush the coolent system.. I am going to do them for added insurance. Is that a good idea or should a just leave them???? Thanks Yall

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you feel like you are asking serious question on a technical subject and it is getting derailed or trashed notify a moderator.

On topic I also suggest contacting Jim Rose for a 7.3 injector cup removal tool.
Thanks Tom for the good info and advice...

And yes I am getting the tool and injector cups from Jim Rose..

That is if I do them..

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
why did you think they were bad? and why do you think they are ok now?

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i thought they were bad because when i pulled thi injectors, they had soot on the sides above the nozzles.. But i found out that could just be the tittle copper gasket around the nozzle is bad..

And i found out that if the cup is bad then you will have diesel in with the coolent..

but since I am in there and I am drianing the coolent. should i just go ahead and replace them now just to play it safe??? That way i dont have to go back in there as soon down the road.. thanks for your help..

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I don't have the answer for you, I'll let someone else chime in. how many miles on the motor?

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't have the answer for you, I'll let someone else chime in. how many miles on the motor?
A little over 206,000 miles

Thanks for your help so far.. yes i hope sombody can help me there..

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If they aren't cracked or leaking leave them alone.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok will do.. that would be cheaper to..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts