Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 1984 f250 with a 91 7.3 and a banks sidewinder turbo. i was towing a trailer yesterday and broke the alternator belt, so i put all new belts on it and not even a mile down the road it starts to sputter and looses power and stalls in the middle of the road. my buddy towed me to a parking lot and we looked for any outside signs of fuel leaks or loose wires and it all looked good. i had i full tank and one tank with over 3/4 tank. the gauge showed what each tank had when i switched them. we then checked the bleed valve on the fuel filter on the engine and got compressed air out the bleed valve and when we cranked the motor with my buddy holding the valve open we got more air...

so where should i look? the truck no longer has the oem fuel water separator on the drivers side fire wall, just the factory 6.9L fuel filter base on the passengers side of the motor. there are no fuel leaks, and no visible hose dammage. Any ideas would be very helpful!!!

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
we were having problems with getting fuel out of my 86, just put an electric inline fuel pump on a toggle switch that would turn on when the key turns on or you could manually control it. Also there is a plug in the tank that was clogged that we had to blow/drill out so the tank could get enough air.

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it could be a clogged fuel pickup/line? what kind of fuel pump did you run and did you have to regulate it?

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i fixed the truck tonight. one of the most simple things i should have seen before but was too blind to. when the alternator belt blew appart a 4" section of the belt lodged itself between the vac. pump and the fuel lift pump which pinched the rubber fuel line from the hardline to the lift pump cutting off all fuel to the engine. truck runs now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts