Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 7.3 and people say, theirs two fuel filters, the basket filter on top the engine and one under the cab on the drivers side so i have been changing only the basket filter on top.Need confirmation, :ford:

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Only one filter on a stock 7.3.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Yes, 7.3's only have the top filter, 6.0s and 6.4s have one on top and one underneath.

Dave

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, 7.3's only have the top filter, 6.0s and 6.4s have one on top and one underneath.

Dave
okay thanks for clearing that up, because some people here are saying that their are two, i thought their was only one..

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
there is actually two filters on a 7.3

One in the top of the engine and then there is one in the tank. Alot of people delete the filter in the tank and add a water seperator on the frame rail..

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
there is actually two filters on a 7.3

One in the top of the engine and then there is one in the tank. Alot of people delete the filter in the tank and add a water seperator on the frame rail..
The one in the tank is not a filter. Just a pickup screen.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i just did my in tank mods and in the tank there is a fuel strainer that is hooked up the the sending unit which is right on the bottom of the tank.there are also two filter in the mixing chamber or sending unit.Those two filters were plugged with algae when i took it apart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts