Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
I rebuilt my '97 7.3L dump body F450. It smokes white intermittently. It starts fine, but idols rough. It doesn't stall while idoling. Truck runs fine when you're on the gas and RPM's are up. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
how many miles on it since the rebuild?

what kind of piston to bore clearance is it running? (ie, was anything measured?)

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
There are about 100 miles on the truck since the rebuild. Everything's stock.
not quite following you here...

rebuilt the engine, but put stock bore (4.1103") pistons back in it?

was it bored & honed? 010, 020, 030 over?

I have to presume that you did not just pull the engine apart...not measure anything, install new (std bore) pistons/rings and slap it back together with no real machine work or measuring...

assuming that it was fully machined to OEM specs for whichever overbore pistons you chose to use...and you only have 100 miles on it...I'd say you need to put the boost to it & seat the rings.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
not quite following you here...

rebuilt the engine, but put stock bore (4.1103") pistons back in it?

was it bored & honed? 010, 020, 030 over?

I have to presume that you did not just pull the engine apart...not measure anything, install new (std bore) pistons/rings and slap it back together with no real machine work or measuring...

assuming that it was fully machined to OEM specs for whichever overbore pistons you chose to use...and you only have 100 miles on it...I'd say you need to put the boost to it & seat the rings.
In other words, hook a trailer to it, and drive it like you stole it. You don't seat these rings like you do in a gasser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts