Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That could be
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was just fine than it started bucking like the CPS was going out. So, I went to my only auto shop (Napa) and got a new CPS, put it in and for that day it worked fine. The next time I drove it (Monday the 13th I believe) it bucked a little rite after starting down the road. It stopped after about 3 miles of driving and again everything was fine. Ok so today it started without a problem Idled fine and everything. Than driving down the road a mile out it started doing it over and over again like every second or so, on the way home it stalled a few times, I popped the clutch to get it back on, and we made it back home fine. I do not have an OBD tool or a friend that has one. It seems like it would not be the CPS for the reasons above. All this driving was done without rain except on Monday it snowed a little, but today it's sunny as can be. Any thoughts about this? Thank you in advance.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
You really need an international or ford cps ...the others seem to be crap.
Now the tps on sticks seem to go bad after a bit.. Not sure what the symptoms are as i have an auto but very common issue.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
You really need an international or ford cps ...the others seem to be crap.
Now the tps on sticks seem to go bad after a bit.. Not sure what the symptoms are as i have an auto but very common issue.
This I agree with...

·
That could be
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It worked!!! I got a new CPS from Ford and besides the "Check engine light" being on (with Fords CPS it always turns it on) it works great. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don't think that's right, I've run ford cps before and got no light

·
super tuner
164 Posts
it may have stored a code as a result of the prior CPS failing, it should clear itself if their aren't any other issues with the truck.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
If check engine light is still on pull into you local advance etc usually they will scan it for free.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Now have a look for a 2000 style cup holder..those rubber finger e99 are useless.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Now have a look for a 2000 style cup holder..those rubber finger e99 are useless.
You mean cup throwers!! I'm gonna get one from Ford. Been to every salvage yard in the Phx area and it's the first thing taken. I've spent enough on fuel to buy a new one.:doh:

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
If you don't have a autozone etc Napa had also started scanning them for free in some areas

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
buy a scanguage or scanguageII. You can pull codes, clear codes, buzz etc plus monitor vitals going down the road

·
That could be
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it is the CPS, been having problems with the Ford one's for half a decade.
tbolt said:
-buy a scanguage or scanguageII. You can pull codes, clear codes, buzz etc plus monitor vitals going down the road

1 - 12 of 12 Posts