Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I have a 2001 F250. It left me on the road a while back and I had to get towed back to my house with my bass boat behind me by a bowtie truck.

I finally got my fuel filter cover off and the filter was black and the plastic outer housing that the filter fits into was just as bad. DISGUSTING. The fuel in the bowl was not even clear it was the color of the crap on the filter. I cleaned out the little filter bowl and installed the new filter and decided to check the fuel pump. I haven't heard anything from the pump in a while (no buzzing or anything) and I decided to use a light to check it. Nothing. No power to it. I check the fuse, it's blown. Would that disgusting clogged up fuel filter have anything to do with it? The truck has 247K miles and runs like a top when it does run. It just had a bunch of work done to it, but not the fuel filter or pump.

I don't understand how to change the pump anyway. I don't understand how to get the rear fuel line off the pump so if you guys can give me some ideas why this thing blew the fuel pump fuse that would be great. Fuel pump does appear to be OEM.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,816 Posts
it very well could be the dirty plugged fuel filter caused the pump to blow the fuse.
the only real way to tell is replace the fuse and filter and see what happens.

Reactions: 2001FordF250_7.3
1 - 2 of 2 Posts