Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys! I have a few questions regarding this new rig I purchased! Its a 1997 F350 4x4 ambulance I want to convert into a camper with 120000 miles on it. It runs pretty tight but has some issues. I really dont know much about this engine or car and I was hoping you guys could help me out or steer me in the right direction.

1. There is an oil leak.I left it in storage for about a month and a half and there was about 3+ liters of oil that had leaked out. Pretty significant leakage in my opinion. I have yet to find the location of my leak, but here are some pictures of where the leak is coming from and pooling. do you think there is some indication of the area I should check based on where the oil is coming from? My current hypothesis is there is something compromised beneath the turbo housing. Any other common areas I should check?

2. I think am having some fuel line issues. I am getting thorough acceleration and fuel delivery through the first gear where it doesn't really go over 2500rpms. Around 35mph, under heavyish acceleration (2500+rpm) it will sputter and act like it isnt getting the fuel it needs. it only does this when it is getting close to the shifting point (the rpms are obviously pretty high during the shift point). I am pretty sure its a fuel line issue. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter, and put some seafoam in the tank. Still the same issue. Am I going in the right direction to change my fuel lines? Or could it possibly be a transmission issue?

3. Some kind of rumbling from the back end. Potentially the drive shaft? but there is no play in the drive shaft to indicate that the U joints are failing. Anything else this could be coming from?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
4. Also, what is the cable/ electrical connection that goes off of the oil filter housing? the little rubber connector with a wire coming off of it. Mine is severed and Im not sure if that has anything to do with the oil leak or what that does in general. an oil pressure or temp sensor?

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
383 Posts
Oil leak up top looks like it could be from hpop lines then leaking down, the electrical connection right next to the oil filter is your block heater, unless you plan on plugging it’s fine. As for fuel I would check your fuel pressure as the pump could be bad and or the sending unit but I would check the fuel pressure before moving forward. Check the top of motor near hpop to see if oil is coming from there. It seems the oil leak is up top witch 99% of the time it is on 7.3 motors. The tale tale indication is where your torque converter cover is, looks caked.

im sure others will input this is as well just my 2 cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts