Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just changed my uppipes, bypass pedestal, AIH delete and a new motorcraft IPR. Upon starting the truck, it is clattering super loud now. It never did that before. Then I checked FORScan and the ICP and ICPV was reading 2800 psi at idle. It didn’t change all that much at WOT. It was also showing 4.69% on the IPR value at idle. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Anything I should check for? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Short to ground on the IPR return wire to ECM could cause that. It’s doing everything it can to reduce duty cycle and it can’t.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Short to ground on the IPR return wire to ECM could cause that. It’s doing everything it can to reduce duty cycle and it can’t.
Thank u. Surprised only 1 person responded. With that being said, are u saying the ground wire in the pigtail is probably shorting out somewhere and that I should track it to where it is?

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Thank u. Surprised only 1 person responded. With that being said, are u saying the ground wire in the pigtail is probably shorting out somewhere and that I should track it to where it is?
There could be a short in the control wire between the IPR and ECM or the IPR could be internally shorted. Are there any codes? Unplug the ICP sensor and see if it sounds any different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There could be a short in the control wire between the IPR and ECM or the IPR could be internally shorted. Are there any codes? Unplug the ICP sensor and see if it sounds any different.
So last night I did an ohm test on all of the injectors, UVCH, all the way to the IDM and everything was great. Then I started looking for something grounding out or frayed wires at the IPR and I dead found the pigtail wires were either touching or very close. So I cut that off and installed a new one. I hooked up the torque pro app and the percentage went to 14% and the psi was at 750. But it wasn’t staying running for long. So I went and got some fuel and put it in it. Then I was able to start it up and now the percentage is back down to 4% and the psi is idling at 2800. Maybe I need a new IDM? It has a new IPR and ICP in it. Both motorcraft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I let it sit for a couple hours to think to myself. Then i came back out to the truck. I looked around the wiring. Moved stuff around. Used electric contact cleaner. Just basically looked for frayed wires. Nothing. Then I hooked the IDM back in and started the truck up. Now all of the sudden the truck parameters seems to be normal now idling at about 14% and 750 psi. But it is idling very ruff. I have the valve covers off and now when I pull each injector pigtail off, the idle doesn’t dip down or anything like it did before a few weeks ago. But each injector has oil running out at the bottom of them. WTH!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts