Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Miller,

Welcome to the forums. I think if you go with a commercial flywheel and clutch you should be able to squeeze the 2 inch input shaft in (You can change it out too). I put a RTO 6610 in my truck 2 years ago. I have a commercial flywheel housing from a T444e (Internationals medium duty 7.3) along with a medium duty flywheel, clutch and starter. It all bolted nicely together.

Cj

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome Miller,

If you need any part numbers let me know... As a heads up... there are both pull and push style clutches. The bellhousing may force your choice - if only the lower holes are drilled out then you will need a pull style clutch, if the upper holes are drilled then you will need a push style clutch. If both sets are drilled out - well you can go either way, however I think the pull style clutches are more common. I documented my swap under "Project Jumbo" here on the forums. I may have some spare parts floating around as well.

Cj

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome Miller,

If you need any part numbers let me know... As a heads up... there are both pull and push style clutches. The bellhousing may force your choice - if only the lower holes are drilled out then you will need a pull style clutch, if the upper holes are drilled then you will need a push style clutch. If both sets are drilled out - well you can go either way, however I think the pull style clutches are more common. I documented my swap under "Project Jumbo" here on the forums. I may have some spare parts floating around as well.

Cj
CJ, sorry for bring up a dead post, but, do you happen to have the part numbers you used for the bellhousing, flywheel, starter, and clutch?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
CJ, sorry for bring up a dead post, but, do you happen to have the part numbers you used for the bellhousing, flywheel, starter, and clutch?
One can do worse in digging up old posts :). You should start your own project thread and lay out what you are attempting to do.

Bellhousing - Ideally you will get this with the transmission so I don't really have a part number...

Flywheel housing - this is the adapter that you need. The flywheel housing bolts to the back of the 7.3 and "houses" the flywheel and clutch. The bellhousing/transmission then bolts to the flywheel housing. They came behind International versions of the 7.3. I'd look for junkyards that sell medium duty truck parts (or bus parts). Just find a truck with a 7.3 and it should have a usable flywheel housing.

Flywheel - I believe mine was made by IAT (Illinois Auto Truck) PN 1818214c91 - make sure the flywheel is a 10 bolt.. There is a similar version for the old 7.3/6.9 engines.

Clutch - IAT NMU747-024-2 - this is for 1.75 diameter input shafts.

Starter - DB Electrical - do a search for 228000-7371 - This should be the starter out of an International 4700 with a 7.3.

Cj

And Welcome to PSN!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts