Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got a early 1999 f550 and I was wondering if I could take the exhaust housing off my 1999 e350 parts van and put it on the trucks turbo or what would I need to swap the van turbo onto the truck.

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Depends on if either of them are a e99 or not. Do both motors have 3" plenums? If so you just need to buy a van outlet adpator from riff raff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the e350 is a late 99 but I was planning to swap all the mods off of it and put them on my truck because the van has 500,000 miles and still running strong. But I have a late 99 truck spyder and 3” billet plenum do I need to swap up pipes and all

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
You will need to swap up pipes and the driver's side exhaust manifold. I personally would just buy new bellowed up pipes. Oh and you have to use the Van's turbo pedestal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so why would I have to swap the exhaust manifold too? But if I get new up pipes and use the van turbo and pedestal would I still need the adapter if I just use the ebpv assembly?and would that turbo hook straight up to the 3” plenum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or what if I just use the van down pipe? And by 3” plenums you mean the things the cold side charge pipe connects to right? Will the stock e99 spyder hook up to the late 99 van turbo though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts