Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any info on what valve guides need to be used on these heads. I'm rebuilding a set and whoever had this motor before me, had bronze sleeves put in the guides, which are already worn out. I ordered a set online that were for a 99 7.3, but the guy at the machine shop said they should be stepped, not straight like the ones I ordered. This is one of the last things holding me up now on getting the motor back together.

Thanks guys

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i have, and he said they weren't the right ones? He said they should have a step to them, like for a set of Brodix aluminum heads

·
Registered
129 Posts
If they aren't like the picture, then it's likely that who ever did the bronze guide install did some extra machining. I do know Swamp's offered/offers bronze guides in their race engine. Contact them and see what they recommend.

Each head is inspected, disassembled, magnafluxed. Then surfaced, all new (bronze for competition engines, cast iron for street engines) valve guides are machined & installed, each intake and exhaust runner, as well as the ports are meticulously ported.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.