Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys today I probed further into my 99 PSD and took off my air from the DIY air intake to the turbo. I notice that there was residule of oil in the hose and in he turbo. Is this normal? I am almost 100% sure this part has never been taken off. The motor hads 217k miles and I did not think it was a bad build up for that many miles. I cleaned it all out and put it back together. I did check the tubo wheel and noticed it was nice and tight but did see that there were nicks on it. That will affect my performance will it not? Can I just change the wheel if so how much work is in changing the wheel? Or do I have to change the whole turbo? Some info guys will help. No mods yet...

Chach

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
the oil residue is normal the crank case vent is routed into the intake hose and thats where the oil residue comes from.

as for the nicks in the turbo wheel they are not good but depending on how bad they are will determine if you need to replace impeller wheel or not. I would recommend it but if you have intentions of upgrading to a larger turbo later on i would think you would be fine as you are. But once again that depends on how bad the nicks are

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the intake hose have to be routed into the tube? Can i run that tube else where? How hard is it to change the impeller wheel?

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
Does the intake hose have to be routed into the tube? Can i run that tube else where? How hard is it to change the impeller wheel?
The ccv can be changed. Here is a link to a diy method Welcome to guzzle's Ford PSD Web Pages. A number of site sponsors offer ccv delete kits. Check out their websites.

I can't speak to the difficulty of an impeller change but I know that kits are available for that job from site sponsors as well.
Best,
Jim

·
Got plenty of issues
68 Posts
I just did my CCV mod, took about 30 minutes from start to finish, well worth it for me to have bought a complete kit.

·
Got plenty of issues
68 Posts
Mine does not have a catch can either, just routes out to the rear. I saw other kits for a lot more money with a filter/trap, but those did not interest me. I like simple! LOL

·
Got plenty of issues
68 Posts
Mine is completely dry, but it only has been about 100 miles since I installed it. Like countryboy said, just dump it out the rear. I ran mine along the frame rail nice and neat and dumped it over the gas tank zip tied right over the axle drooping down to the ground.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts