1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Is it for Snow White LOL

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
These adapter plates are pretty easy to make.

Modern laser/plasma cutters are incredibly accurate, to the point where they now need to know the precision you want on bolt holes to make them fit.

I've got a CAD file for the bolt and pin holes for the 7.3 bolt pattern and a 3rd gen Cummins bolt pattern. It wouldn't take much to get the bolt pattern CAD'd for the Allison and then just get a laser cutter to crank out adapter plates for people who want to do conversions.

I might want to do an Allison swap. If someone CAD's the bolt pattern on an Allison and shares it, I'll share my CAD file for a 3rd Gen Cummins bolt pattern.

Deal ?

Aside: In case it wasn't clear, I built the adapter plate for my conversion. I've got over 50,000 trouble free miles on it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I am not interested in cutting any adapters for anyone or selling anything. DO NOT PM ME about this.

I think this community should develop a CAD file that anyone can take to a cutter and get the pieces for an adapter plate made. It wouldn't take much.

I AM NOT WILLING TO DO THIS MYSELF. But I will contribute my CAD files and advice to the effort.

The first step is for someone to CAD an Allison bolt pattern and share it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts