Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’ve got 99 7.3 with 250k miles on it and it does have a significant amount of blow by on the drivers side. When I bought it about 6 months ago ran just fine few months after that it started burning a bunch of oil and than it broke down and it ended being the hpop pump which then I replaced ran just fine after that but then out of the blue started burning through a ton of oil rapidly and one night it burned through all of its oil or at least most of it and died on the side of the road so I went to 7 eleven and bought some oil don’t remember which kind it was like one in the morning it was just something to get it home ended up getting it started and got it home know it’s having a hard time to start and if it does not run right it kinda lugs and if you try and drive it it blows a bunch of smoke but ittle run just fine for a little if you do drive it but it will die out of the blue and won’t start again unless you wait a couple days than it will start again so I’m wondering if it could be injector o rings or if the blow by has something to do with it any ideas would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
A new set of o-rings is an easy job (per se) and you could do a compression test at the same time. I'm guessing you are blowing a heck of a lot of smoke?

·
Registered
936 Posts
You say blow by.... Have you undone the oil fill cap and placed it upside down on the fill port while the engine is running? If the cap sits there then you don't have "blow by." There are several ways the truck can burn it's own oil. Primary method is a bad seal on an injector.. The high pressure oil is forced by the bad seal into the fuel rail. I know with the older trucks you can check the fuel filter housing and if you have black fuel you know the seals are gone. Other possibilities are the turbo seals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts