Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my centrifuge last week and cleaned about 10 gallons of wmo and atf, cut it with about 10% rug and added it to the rear tank at about a 20/80 wmo to diesel ratio, been using it for about a week, now i have a stalling/not starting issue. yesterday after refueling, it took about 10 minutes of cranking to get the truck started again. Today after about 100 miles of highway driving pulling a 4000 lbs trailer it stalled on the offramp and took about 5 minutes of cranking to start it again. This is the first time the truck has ever had a starting issue since I've owned it (about 1000 miles of driving).

Possible contributing factors:
1. Obviously, the WMO is a possible culprit, but i wouldn't think i could be clogging up the fuel filter at the very low ratio I'm using, not to mention I'm centrifuging it

2. The first time this happened, i was driving home from a local OHV park were i had driven through a few large puddles (maybe a lake or two) and the truck was quite muddy. Never submerged the truck and I'm sure i never got any water in the intake, but I think a sensor may have gotten wet during the off road adventure. Coincidentally, its been raining all day, so what ever sensor that possibly got wet from offroading could have gotten wet again today in the rain causing it to stall and not start again right away.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Check your IDM for water intrusion. Maybe throw a gauge on the shraeder valve on the Fuel Pressure Regulator block (driver's side of the filter bowl) to see what your fuel pressure is while cranking (especially after a stalling "episode"). Cheers!

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
Check both things Feeley said, but I would also check the connections of the cam sensor. There is multiple updates and TSB's on them, as well as a ford recall. If you're weather tight connection isn't weather tight, there's your problem! Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.